Summer School: Social Trauma in Changing Societies (STICS)
Individual and Collective Traces of Trauma – an interdisciplinary dialogue
(...) The STICS-Project
Since 2012, students and professors from ten universities in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Serbia and Turkey have been connected in an interdisciplinary research and teaching DAAD network on Social Trauma. (...)
For the first time, the international STICS network of universities invites students from all over the world to meet and discuss transdisciplinarily in the topic of social trauma: Psychology, Psychoanalysis, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Political Sciences and more.
Lectures include among others:
- Prof. Dr. Igor M. Kadyrov (Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia) – “Psychic Trauma in its Endogenous and Exogenous Dimensions”
- Prof. Dr. Christina von Braun (Gender Studies, Humboldt-University and Center for Jewish Studies Berlin-Brandenburg, Berlin, Germany) – “Trauma – a Religion Informed Concept”
- Prof. Dr. Shahla Eltayeb (Ahfad University for Women, Omdurman, Sudan) – “Research Methodology with Survivors of Social Trauma”
- Prof. Dr. Annette Streeck-Fischer (International Psychoanalytic University, Berlin, Germany) – “Complex Traumatization”
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Hamburger (International Psychoanalytic University, Berlin, Germany) – “Social Trauma – a Bridging Concept”
The summer school lasts for 9 days: On 8 days, you will take classes. September 24th will be a recreational day to explore Berlin with an optional cultural programme.
DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst
IPU - International Psychoanlytic University